What cosmetic procedures can you do while pregnant?
What you can do:
- Certain laser treatments without numbing cream, such as V-Beam and Laser Hair Removal.
- Trivantage (for sun spots, not Tattoo Removal) without numbing cream.
- Ultherapy – again, no numbing!
- Ultrasonic facials (so long as the provider uses products that don’t contain the restricted ingredients)
What beauty treatments should you avoid if pregnant?
Traditionally we have advised pregnant women to avoid hot tubs, spa baths and saunas. We were concerned that these treatments could significantly raise the core temperature of the body. A few small studies suggested that high body temperatures might be associated with miscarriage or certain congenital abnormalities.
What acne treatments are safe during pregnancy?
Pregnancy and antibiotics
Azelaic acid: This is thought to be safe to use during pregnancy. Benzoyl peroxide: Often found in acne treatment you can buy without a prescription, experts say it’s safe to use in limited amounts. Dapsone (brand name, Aczone®): In animal studies, this medication hasn’t caused birth defects.
Can I have cosmetic surgery while pregnant?
Cosmetic Procedures and Pregnancy
Although cosmetic and dermatological procedures are safe for the body and may not cause harm to a fetus, we firmly recommend that you wait to receive these treatments until you have delivered your baby. Your skin may change dramatically during pregnancy.
What are signs you’re having a boy?
It’s a boy if:
- You didn’t experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.
- Your baby’s heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute.
- You are carrying the extra weight out front.
- Your belly looks like a basketball.
- Your areolas have darkened considerably.
- You are carrying low.
- You are craving salty or sour foods.
Can I use Vitamin C serum while pregnant?
Vitamin C can be stressful for sensitive skins or anyone with rosacea. So for those who fall in that category, make sure you’re utilizing a product containing less than 10 percent Vitamin C. Outside of this note, Vitamin C is perfectly safe to use throughout pregnancy and new mama-hood.
Can you use hair removal cream in pregnancy?
Yes, it’s safe to use hair removal creams, although you may find that they irritate your skin now you’re pregnant. The chemicals in hair removal creams work on the structural ingredient of your hair, called keratin. The creams cause your hair to break and separate from your skin.