However, during pregnancy, too much relaxin can be released into the system. When this happens, the excess of relaxin causes the ligaments responsible for stabilizing the pelvis to loosen up too much. This can cause pain in the inner thigh and groin area.
What does it mean when your thighs hurt while pregnant?
It may have to do with changes in blood circulation and stress on your leg muscles from carrying extra weight. Your growing baby also puts pressure on the nerves and blood vessels that go to your legs. And some doctors say low calcium, or a change in the way your body processes calcium, may cause cramps.
How do you relieve thigh pain during pregnancy?
- Stretch your calf muscles. Although evidence is lacking, stretching before bed might help prevent leg cramps during pregnancy. …
- Stay active. Regular physical activity might help prevent leg cramps during pregnancy. …
- Take a magnesium supplement. …
- Stay hydrated. …
- Get adequate calcium. …
- Choose proper footwear.
Does your thighs hurt during early pregnancy?
Recommended. During the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman may experience cramps in her legs and feet. According to Clearblue, this is caused by a change in the way in which the body is processing calcium.
What are five warning signs of a possible problem during pregnancy?
Fever. Abdominal pain. Feels ill. Swelling of fingers, face and legs.
DANGER SIGNS DURING PREGNANCY
- vaginal bleeding.
- severe headaches with blurred vision.
- fever and too weak to get out of bed.
- severe abdominal pain.
- fast or difficult breathing.
What helps leg pain at night during pregnancy?
Try stretching exercises.
Stop cramps before they strike with a few pregnancy-safe stretching exercises. Before you head to bed, stand about two feet away from a wall and put your palms flat against it. Lean forward, keeping your heels on the floor. Hold the stretch for 10 seconds, then relax for five.
What are some bad signs during pregnancy?
Warning Signs During Pregnancy
- Bleeding or leaking fluid from the vagina.
- Blurry or impaired vision.
- Unusual or severe stomach pain or backaches.
- Frequent, severe, and/or constant headaches.
- Contractions, where your stomach muscles tighten, before 37 weeks that happen every 10 minutes or more often.
What does it mean when it hurts to walk while pregnant?
Some level of abdominal or pelvic discomfort may be normal in pregnancy as your ligaments and muscles stretch to accommodate your baby’s size week by week. If your pain increases with walking, consider easing up to see if you’re just having an off day. Monitor any other symptoms to ensure you’re not in premature labor.
Why do my legs ache at night during pregnancy?
A: There isn’t a clear answer as to why women experience sharp cramps (or “charley-horses”) in their calf muscles, mostly at night toward the end of pregnancy, but doctors have several theories: – Nerve pressure: As your uterus expands it can put pressure on certain nerves, causing painful spasms in your legs.
How can I relieve muscle pain during pregnancy?
If you are experiencing a muscle cramp, here are the steps you can take to alleviate the pain or discomfort:
- Massage the muscle and nearby muscle groups to provide relief.
- Stretch the muscle.
- Apply heat with a heating pad.
- Take a warm Epsom salt bath.
- Apply cold with an ice pack to reduce the pain.
How do you get rid of leg pain fast?
If you have leg pain from cramps or overuse, take these steps first:
- Rest as much as possible.
- Elevate your leg.
- Apply ice for up to 15 minutes. Do this 4 times per day, more often for the first few days.
- Gently stretch and massage cramping muscles.
- Take over-the-counter pain medicines like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.