Your symptoms should go away in 3 days. Take all of your medication on schedule anyway. Don’t stop it early, even if your symptoms fade. Many common antibiotics — amoxicillin, erythromycin, and penicillin, for example — are considered safe for pregnant women.
How can a pregnant woman get rid of a UTI?
What are the treatment options?
- emptying your bladder frequently, especially before and after sex.
- wearing only cotton underwear.
- nixing underwear at night.
- avoiding douches, perfumes, or sprays.
- drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- avoiding any harsh soaps or body wash in the genital area.
Can a UTI while pregnant hurt the baby?
How will a UTI affect my baby? If the UTI goes untreated, it may lead to a kidney infection. Kidney infections may cause early labor and low birth weight. If your doctor treats a urinary tract infection early and properly, the UTI will not cause harm to your baby.
Can a UTI go away on its own while pregnant?
Can You Cure a UTI Naturally During Pregnancy? Urinary tract infections (UTIs) during pregnancy are the most common medical complication of pregnancy. Unfortunately, there are no natural treatments for UTIs during pregnancy. It is possible that the UTI may take care of itself.
What does a UTI feel like for a woman pregnant?
Burning sensation during urination. More frequent trips to the bathroom to urinate (though frequent urination during pregnancy alone is common and harmless) Intense urge to urinate while the amount of urine expelled is small. Cloudy, dark, bloody or foul-smelling urine.
How can I get rid of a UTI in 24 hours at home?
Seven methods for treating UTIs without antibiotics
- Stay hydrated. Share on Pinterest Drinking water regularly may help to treat a UTI. …
- Urinate when the need arises. …
- Drink cranberry juice. …
- Use probiotics. …
- Get enough vitamin C. …
- Wipe from front to back. …
- Practice good sexual hygiene.
How long can a UTI go untreated?
How long does a UTI last untreated? Some UTIs will go away on their own in as little as 1 week. However, UTIs that do not go away on their own will only get worse over time. If you think you have a UTI, speak with a doctor about the best course of action.
How can I treat a UTI at home while pregnant?
Home remedies for a UTI include:
- taking acetaminophen to relieve pain and reduce fever.
- placing a hot water bottle on the lower stomach to ease discomfort.
- drinking plenty of water to flush out the bacteria.
- getting plenty of rest to help the body fight the infection.
- avoiding sex to reduce discomfort.
Can you drink cranberry juice when pregnant?
You can safely drink cranberry juice while you’re pregnant. It’s safe for you and your baby, and may even help prevent a UTI. It can also keep bacteria overgrowth down there in check. However, you can’t treat a UTI with cranberry juice.
How can you test for a UTI at home?
You can buy over-the-counter UTI dipstick tests at your local drugstore or online. They work much like a pregnancy test: Each kit comes with a testing strip (usually three to a kit). You wet a test strip by holding it in your urine stream for a few seconds.