Once your baby is between 9-18 months old, you can now add thin raw apple slices to their diet. Just make sure that you peel it and remove all the unnecessary stuff before giving your child an apple to eat. Make sure that you stick around as your baby eats just in case of choking.
Are apples a choking hazard for toddlers?
According to a 2008 study, the 10 foods that pose the highest choking hazards for young children are hot dogs, peanuts, carrots, boned chicken, candy, meat, popcorn, fish with bones, sunflower seeds and apples.
Can toddler eat whole apple?
Apples need to either be steamed and puréed or roasted until they have a smoosh-able texture, or served raw in thin enough pieces that they won’t pose a choking hazard — think grated or very thinly sliced. … Avoid handing your baby or toddler a whole apple, too.
What fruit can an 18 month old eat?
Finger foods for babies and young children
soft-cooked vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, courgette, parsnip and sweet potato. carrot or cucumber sticks and avocado. fresh fruits, such as apple (soft-cooked if needed), banana or soft, ripe peeled pear or peach.
What age can toddlers eat whole apples?
Kids can have raw apple, if it’s shredded, starting around 12 months. Big chunks of raw apple can be very hard to chew for babies and toddlers and may be a choking hazard. See below for more ways to serve apples.
What toddlers should not eat?
Is there anything I shouldn’t feed my toddler?
- Slippery foods such as whole grapes; large pieces of meats, poultry, and hot dogs; candy and cough drops.
- Small, hard foods such as nuts, seeds, popcorn, chips, pretzels, raw carrots, and raisins.
- Sticky foods such as peanut butter and marshmallows.
When can toddler have raw carrots?
Raw carrots and green beans should be off-limits until your baby has the ability to chew and swallow hard foods (typically after 12 months of age). Steamed veggies, however, are safe starting at about 7 to 8 months. They should be soft enough to squish between two fingers.
Can my 18 month old eat raw carrots?
By 18 months, your toddler may be ready to try raw carrot sliced into very thin matchsticks. (Pair them with hummus or ranch for dunking!) Serving raw carrot increases choking risk, so make sure to keep an especially close eye on your little one while she eats.
How do you soften apples for toddlers?
- Peel, core and dice apple into bite sized (small) pieces.
- Place apple pieces in microwave safe dish and add 2 tablespoons water.
- Microwave apple on High 1-3 minutes.
- Check on it and stir every 20-30 seconds or so until it reaches desired tenderness.
What can I give my 18-month-old for breakfast?
- Option 1: Whole grain toast topped with nut butter and sliced bananas.
- Option 2: Oatmeal made with milk and frozen berries.
- Option 3: Broccoli and Cheddar Egg Cups.
- Option 4: Whole grain waffle with ricotta cheese and berries.
- Option 5: Freezer-friendly Spinach Waffles.
What can I feed my 18-month-old for dinner?
Diet for a 18-month-old – Week 4, Day 1
|Breakfast||1 egg or paneer paratha with green chutney|
|Lunch||Roti + dal + a sabzi of choice + a few slices of cucumber + hand pounded rice|
|Evening||Seviyan (vermicelli) kheer|
|Dinner||Paneer cutlets or grilled fish with rajma (kidney bean) soup and grated carrot sticks|
What can I feed my 18-month-old for lunch?
What can you feed your 1-year-old, 18-month-old, or 2-year-old for lunch? An easy lunch option for a toddler can include a half sandwich of turkey, chicken, tuna salad, egg salad, or even peanut butter. Serve with a half cup of steamed green vegetables, like green beans.